Our daughters are wiser than we know.
We can help them become the best versions of themselves by empowering them with words of encouragement.
Offering an inspirational message to your daughter allows your influence to ripple through her life.
In turn, she will become a source of strength and hope for others.
If you want to find just the right thing to say to lift your daughter’s spirits, we’ve crafted loving and inspiring words of encouragement that you can use.
What Do You Say to a Struggling Daughter?
When your child is going through a tough time, it can be challenging to know what to say.
You want to offer encouragement but don’t want to say something that will worsen the situation.
Here are a few things to consider when offering words of encouragement to your daughter:
- How is she feeling? You may assume you know how your daughter is feeling, but it’s important to ask. If she’s feeling overwhelmed, angry, or sad, your words of encouragement will be different than if she’s feeling scared or anxious. Identifying her feelings will help her unload and release her pain.
- What is the situation? The situation your daughter is facing will also affect the words you share with her. If she’s going through a breakup, she’ll need different encouragement than if she’s studying for exams. Make sure you fully understand the context.
- What does she need to hear? You know your daughter better than most and probably know what she needs to hear. Sometimes, she just needs to know that you love her and are there for her. Other times, she might need some tough love. Be sensitive to the current situation and choose your words wisely.
- How can you help? Sometimes, the best way to encourage her is by offering to help. Whether lending a listening ear or helping with a project, your support will mean the world to her. No matter what you decide to say to her, remember that she is strong and capable. She can and will get through whatever situation she’s
What you say to your daughter doesn’t have to be complicated or profound.
Just a few simple beautiful words can make a big difference.
And the most important words are usually “I love you”.
How to Best Express Encouraging Words for Your Daughter
You may think, “I want to help her, but I don’t know when to say them.”
The right timing and circumstances are just as important as the words themselves. These can all affect how she hears and receives your message.
Here are a few things to consider:
- The right time: Choose a time when you’re both relaxed and not preoccupied with other things. This way, she can fully receive and process your words.
- The right place: Choose a place where you won’t be interrupted. It could be at home, on a walk, or in the car.
- The right medium: Consider how she prefers to communicate. If she’s more of a visual person, write it in a card or send her a text or email. If she’s more auditory, say them to her in person or over the phone.
- The right follow-up: After you’ve expressed what you decided to say, follow up with actions. It could be a hug, a smile, or just sitting with her in silence. Whatever you do, make sure she knows that you’re there for her.
There may never be a perfect time or place to say these words. But don’t let that stop you from expressing your love and support for her.
Most importantly, she knows you’re there for her, no matter what.
63 Loving And Inspiring Words Of Encouragement For Your Daughter
1. Never change who you are. You’re perfect just this way.
2. Don’t let go of your dreams, no matter how big or small they may be. They matter, and you can achieve them.
3. No one can ever take away your dreams. They are yours and yours alone.
4. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not enough because you are more than enough. You are perfect enough, just as you are today.
5. It’s okay if you don’t have all the answers. Sometimes the questions are much more interesting anyway.
6. You’re beautiful, not because of how you look on the outside but because of who you are on the inside.
7. Don’t ever forget how amazing, special, and loved you are.
8. You’re not alone. I’m here for you, no matter what.
9. I love you unconditionally, no matter what. You can always call on me.
10. Thank you for being my daughter. You are my gift.
11. You always make me proud just by being you.
12. You are one of a kind and absolutely irreplaceable.
13. You’re strong, capable, and brave.
14. You’re my sunshine and hope in the dark times.
15. I’m grateful for you every single day.
16. Your presence in my life is a gift beyond measure.
17. You brighten up every room you walk into.
18. I’m so proud of the woman you are becoming.
19. I cherish and treasure you more than you’ll ever know.
20. I wanted to raise you as a strong, determined, independent, and courageous daughter. It makes me so pleased that I could accomplish what I set out to do.
21. In most cases, the mother is the driving force behind her daughter’s success. However, in my case, you are the one who has motivated me.
22. I know the world isn’t fair, but don’t give up fighting for what’s right.
23. You’re one of the most compassionate and caring people I know. Share your heart and your warmth with the world.
24. You can have whatever you want, but you can’t have it all at once.
25. You surprise me with how much you grow and change daily.
26. You always think of others before yourself. I admire your selflessness.
27. Your imagination is one of your greatest gifts. Never lose sight of that.
28. You’re not afraid to be different and stand out from the crowd. Don’t ever let anyone convince you to change that about yourself.
29. You’re always learning and growing. I can’t wait to see all the amazing things you’ll do in the future.
30. You have a good head on your shoulders. I know you’ll make smart decisions in life.
31. Trust your gut instinct. It’s usually right.
32. Be kind and forgive others, even when they don’t deserve it. Forgive yourself, even if you don’t think you deserve it.
33. You’re good at many things, but you only need to pursue the things that make you happy.
More Related Articles
If You Have An Adult Child Living At Home, You Need To Read This List Of House Rules And Boundaries
11 Of The Best Ways To Deal With A Disrespectful Grown Child
99 Of The Best Motivational Quotes For Students
34. You’re allowed to make mistakes. We all do. Just learn from them and move on.
35. Next time you’re feeling down, remember all the times you’ve overcome adversity. You’re a lot stronger than you think.
36. It’s ok to be scared. When you’re afraid, and you take action anyway, that’s called strength and bravery.
37. Don’t compare yourself to others. You are on your own unique journey, and you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.
38. It’s normal to feel sad, angry, scared, or frustrated sometimes. Don’t bottle those emotions up inside. Talk to someone you trust about how you’re feeling.
40. Your feelings are valid no matter what anyone else says or thinks.
41. You’re entitled to your own opinion, and you don’t have to agree with everyone else just to fit in.
42. It’s ok to be different and stand out from the crowd. Don’t ever let anyone convince you to change that about yourself.
43. You can’t please everyone all of the time, so don’t even try. Just focus on being the best you can be.
44. Remember to celebrate when you accomplish something, no matter how big or small it may be.
45. Treat the people you love with kindness, compassion, and respect. They deserve it.
46. You’re never too old to learn something new. Embrace change and growth in all areas of your life.
47. Be patient with yourself and others. Everyone moves at their own pace.
48. Have high standards for yourself and those around you. Be kind when people make mistakes, but never compromise on your values.
49. Life is full of surprises; you can’t predict what will happen next. Just go with the flow and enjoy the ride.
50. Loss is a part of life. Don’t be afraid to mourn your losses and grieve in your own way and in your own time.
51. Be persistent and never give up on your dreams, no matter how difficult they may seem. Those who win are those who don’t quit. It’s as simple as that.
52. When you’re not sure what to do, always choose the kinder option. The world needs more compassion and love.
10 Daughter Quotes to Encourage and Inspire Her
53. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
54. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.” – Serena Williams
55. “I am thankful for my struggle because, without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” – Alex Elle
56. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. … It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
57. “We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential.” – Hillary Clinton
58. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
59. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility. Make decisions based on what should happen, not what shouldn’t.” – Michelle Obama
60. “Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
61. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life—and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.” – Georgia O’Keeffe
62. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
63. “We need women who are so strong they can be gentle, so educated they can be humble, so fierce they can be compassionate, so passionate they can be rational, and so disciplined they can be free.” – Kavita Ramdas
Why It’s Important to Offer Words of Encouragement to Your Daughter
There are plenty of reasons why it’s important to speaking encouraging words to her. Here are a few key reasons:
- It helps her feel loved and supported: Knowing that her mom is there for her, no matter what, can be a huge source of comfort for a daughter. It can help her feel loved and supported and remind her that she’s not alone.
- It boosts her confidence: Hearing encouraging words from her mom can help boost her confidence and self-esteem. It can remind her that she is capable and strong, no matter what she’s facing.
- It helps her cope with difficult situations: Words of encouragement can help her cope with difficult situations, like breakups or bullying. They can remind her that she is loved and worthy and help her get through tough times.
- It will increase your bond: Expressing your love and support for her will help increase your bond. It will remind her that she can always count on you, no matter what.
These 63 examples of words of encouragement for your daughter are just a starting point. You may develop some favorites over time or even create your own.
Follow your heart, and most importantly, share your heart. When you do, you’ll be amazed at how much of a difference it makes in your relationship with your daughter.