Sometimes, you ought to be proactive towards your goals because success doesn’t come on a silver platter. Be inspired by these ambition quotes to keep on chasing your dreams.
Setting goals in life is just the tip of the iceberg. You must be willing to do whatever is necessary, godly and praiseworthy to make greater achievements. Being an ambitious person would be a plus… Here are inspiring ambition quotes to propel you to the promised land. Remember that every effort in your quest for success and happiness counts.
Some of these ambitious quotes here are too powerful to provoke your desire for success, fame, happiness, freedom, promotion, peace etc,
Hey, there is a word of caution for you: if your ambition is left unguarded, you may end up doing something silly or evil, so be very careful… If that is the case, then let’s grab the meaning of ambition before going through the quotes that stir up your adrenaline.
What Is The Meaning Of Ambition?
It is a person’s strong desire to do or achieve something.
1. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” —Bill Bradley
2. “Basically you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who you need to be.” — Bob Dylan
3. “Most people would succeed in small things, if they were not troubled with great ambitions.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. “The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn’t prepared to work for.” Habeeb Akande
5. “There is a loftier ambition than merely to stand high in the world. It is to stoop down and lift mankind a little higher.” —Henry Van Dyke
5. “When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.” —Jim Henson
6. “Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.” —Madonna
7. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” —Helen Keller
8. “Ambition has become a dirty word and I believe it is a great evolutionary force for the positive. If people fail or go astray in their ambition I can live with it but not with people lowering their expectations wasting time slacking off and glorifying failure and stupidity.” —Robert Greene
10. “Failure is only postponed success as long as courage ‘coaches’ ambition. The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.” —Herbert Kaufman
11. “Physical fitness is extremely important to me. Only if you are fit will you be able to achieve whatever you want to achieve in life; you will be able to pursue your dreams, your ambition, your goals, and the things you love.” —Urvashi Rautela
12. “We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes that hold us back, but by our personal passion, talents, and interests.” —Sheryl Sandberg
13. “Without a sense of urgency, desire loses its value.” —Jim Rohn
14. “Whatever success I may have attained is due to the fact that since I was old enough to work at all, my ambition has never deserted me.” —Anna Held
15. “The tragedy is that so many have ambition and so few have the ability.” —William Feather
16. “Don’t start living tomorrow, tomorrow never arrives. Start working on your dreams and ambitions today.” —Anonymous
17. “I invite everyone to choose forgiveness rather than division, teamwork over personal ambition.” —Jean-Francois Cope
18. “The ambition and focus that propel you to success can also be your downfall.” —Judy Smith
19. “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.” – Mark Twain
20. “The most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success.” — Vauvenargues
21. “A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead.
— Pearl Bailey
22. “Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir men’s blood… Make big plans, aim high in hope and work.” —Daniel H. Burnham
23. “Nothing arouses ambition so much in the heart as the trumpet – clang of another’s fame.” — Baltasar Gracian
24. “The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves.” — Robert Burton
25. “Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.” — Frank Tyger
26. “The world stands aside to let anyone pass who knows where he is going.” —David Starr Jordan
27. “The significance of a man is not in what he attains but rather in what he longs to attain.” — Kahlil Gibran
28. “Unless we know ourselves to be full of pride, ambition, concupiscence, weakness, wretchedness and unrighteousness, we are truly blind. And if someone knows all this and does not desire to be saved, what can be said of him?” —Blaise Pascal
29. “Taking on a leadership role doesn’t mean that you only have to be personally ambitious.~Jacinda Ardern
30. “The most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it.” —Arnold Toynbee
31. “Like dogs in a wheel, birds in a cage, or squirrels in a chain, ambitious men still climb and climb, with great labor, and incessant anxiety, but never reach the top.” —Robert Browning
32. “The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.” — William Shakespeare
33. “A good attitude is really important. And a sense of optimism, someone who has ideas and isn’t afraid to pitch them no matter what level she is. Someone who is proactive. Someone with efficiency and common sense. They don’t always go hand-in-hand, common sense and, well, everything else.” —Eva Chen
34. “As long as you as an individual… can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic you can be described as one of the faithful one of those people who can say Well look somethings going to happen! Lets just keep trying. Lets not give up.” —Tom Hanks
35. “I don’t know what I would have done without believing in God. His support gives me power and energy to continue to be optimistic, to smile, not to be depressed. Sometimes, if things are not going so well, I don’t cry. I say maybe it’s meant to be.” —Ofra Haza
May these quotes about ambition inspire you to be optimistic about the future all the time. The willingness to make a greater impact in life should be kept alive and active. I believe these quotes when absorbed well can do you a lot of good.