You’ve read the entire Internet and are caught up on every show.
Your motivation tank is dangerously low, and your current mood isn’t exactly fit for public consumption.
Basically, you’re bored out of your ever-loving mind.
So how can you turn things around and rev those proverbial engines?
It may sound silly, but reading quotes about boredom may do the trick.
It’s a mindfulness activity with the power to center you in the moment and fill you with energy.
Essentially, it’s a way to break the boredom loop.
Ideas for Using Boredom Quotes To End Your Apathy
There’s more to quote therapy than just reading. Here are a few more ideas.
- Do a Stencil Painting: Did you find a quote you love? If so, why not make a piece of stencil art of it? You can pick up all the materials at a dollar store for less than $10 and spend the afternoon making a painting or poster of the quote to hang somewhere — or not.
- Copy them Out: Copying other people’s writing can improve your linguistic skills. So try writing out the quotes you liked by hand. Keep them in a journal so you can go back and read them. (Don’t forget to include the authors’ names.)
- Journal About the Quotes: Pick one quote to journal about. Dissect it. What makes it meaningful? What makes it funny? What makes it true?
- Create a Video Essay: Are you an aspiring editor or content creator? Challenge yourself to make a video essay about boredom quotes. How would you go about it? What format would you use? Even if you don’t have the equipment to do it, map it out.
- Create a Digital Graphic and Share: People love quotes! Feed their cravings by making graphics of your favorite boredom quotes and sharing them on social media.
31 Quotes About Boredom To Revive You
Reading quotes about boredom is a great way to break the spell and snap you out of an ennui slump. In that spirit, we’ve curated this list of boredom quotes.
1. “It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than be absolutely boring.” – Marilyn Monroe
2. “Boredom is simply the absence of an interesting perspective.” – Brandon A. Trean
3. “Nobody is bored when he is trying to make something that is beautiful or to discover something that is true.” – William Inge
4. “Bored people expect. Wise people accept.” – Maxime Lagacé
6. “Boredom is a defense mechanism to avoid having to sit alone with our unaddressed thoughts.” – Naval Ravikant
7. “I can stand defeats, pain, anger. But I can’t stand boredom.” – Paulo Coelho
8. “Boredom and insecurity may have brought you into the cave but you don’t have to stay.” – Thema Bryant-Davis
9. “Boredom is the inevitable consequence of a life devoted to pleasure.” – Kapil Gupta
10. “Boredom leads to one of these two things: more boredom or more creativity.” – Matthew Kobach
11. “Boredom is a privilege. Instead of finding ways to entertain yourself, embrace the boredom. Your mind is finally free.” – Preethi Kasireddy
13. “Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
14. “Boring progress compounds into exceptional results.” – Shane Parrish
15. “It is fatal to know too much at the outset. Boredom comes as quickly to the traveler who knows his route as the novelist who is over certain of his plot.” – Paul Theroux
17. “Everyone is a bore to someone. That is unimportant. The thing to avoid is being a bore to oneself.” – Edward FitzGerald “Gerald” Brenan
18. “You’ll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea.” – Earl Nightingale
19. “I fear the boredom that comes with not learning and not taking chances.” – Robert Lee Fulghum
More Related Articles
103 Things To Do When Bored In A Class Lecture
Why You Need A Personal Growth Plan And 9 Steps To Create One
11 Firm But Kind Tips For Breaking Up And Moving Apart
20. “You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.” – Cliff Burton
21. “Be bored and see where it takes you because the imagination’s dusty wilderness is worth crossing if you want to sculpt your soul.” – Nancy Gibbs
22. “Grasp your opportunities, no matter how poor your health; nothing is worse for your health than boredom.” – Mignon McLaughlin
23. “Boredom rests upon the nothingness that winds its way through existence; its giddiness, like that which comes from gazing down into an infinite abyss, is infinite.” – Soren Kierkegaard
24. “Boredom is nothing but the experience of a paralysis of our productive powers.” – Erich Fromm
25. “The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way.” – Wayne Dyer
27. “Boredom is the price one pays, for not enjoying everything.” – Marty Rubin
28. “Boredom can be a lethal thing on a small island.” – Christopher Moore
29. “Boredom comes from thinking this moment isn’t enough.” – James Pierce
30. “Boredom is an insult to life.” – Paulo Coelho
31. “Only those who want everything done for them are bored.” – William Franklin “Billy” Graham Jr.
Into every life, a little boredom must fall — but we hope you get your groove back soon. Good luck!